News and events
Initiative members are regularly involved in events and work at the forefront of law and technology.
Since 2018 the Mcr LawTech community has been growing. In July 2022 The University of Manchester and partners hosted the UK's first major conference on Legal Technology and Legal Innovation outside of London; bringing together the broad community of legal innovators in and around the North West. The event was held at Circle Square thanks to sponsors Bruntwood. You can see the conference programme HERE and watch highlights from the conference in this short video:
You can find the Law and Technology Conference brochure here.
We plan for this to become an annual event and a key feature in the legal sector calendar.
Read our regular newsletters online here:
[No newsletter published May & June]
- Over summer we produced a series of Podcasts, now hosted on all major platforms, find them on the Blogs & Podcasts page.
- In March LaTI supported the delivery of a Manchester event as part of the Global Legal Hackathon, an international competition running simultaneously in over 40 cities around the globe. The winning team from Manchester later made it through Round 2 to the global finals, helping establish Manchester on the LegalTech map!
- In November the Initiative was announced winner of the Alliance of the Year category at the British Legal Technology Awards.
- John Haskell joins as Editor at Crypto Law Review - read the full story.
- John Haskell, Speaker, Legal Cheek 'The Future of Legal Education and Training Conference', London 22 May 2019
- LegalTech and Trust lecture by Christina Blacklaws, Law Society President, 7 May 2019
- John Haskell, Speaking with SI News about Legal Tech Education, SI News 19 April 2019
- John Haskell, Speaking with the Guardian about the Future of Legal Tech Education, Guardian 12 April 2019
- John Haskell and Rachel Kenyon, Featured Speakers, TechForGood March 2019
- Speakers and participants, Legal design conference, 18 October 2018
- Speakers and participants, LegalGeek conference, 17 October 2018
- Launch event, TechnoMancers, 1 October 2018
- Launch event, Legal Futures, 28 September 2018
- Launch event, The Law Society Gazette, 28 September 2018