The Manchester Law and Technology Initiative is the first academic-industry consortium addressing Legal Technology and Innovation.
The Initiative is funded through membership subscription fees paid by the industry partners, this directly funds a full-time post-doctoral research associate to undertake research on behalf of members.
Key member benefits
- Participation in a recognised and authoritative forum to facilitate knowledge sharing across the legal services sector.
- Three Initiative workshops per year on themes identified by our members, each supported by an in-depth report from the University and featuring contributions from experts from within the Initiative as well as leading external speakers with acknowledged expertise in the area.
- Publication of thought-pieces and input to national policy utilising the Initiative’s expertise and research findings to establish thought leadership in the field.
- Engagement with University of Manchester students through undergraduate and post-graduate projects, placements and paid internships; contributions to teaching; and access to future talent.
- Access to world-leading University of Manchester research with business, policy and societal impact.
Terms of membership
Each member of the Initiative is required to make a tangible resource commitment to the Initiative through a membership fee, plus the commitment of some staff time to Initiative activities and support to research projects through access as appropriate to (non-commercially sensitive) data.
Interested in joining?
We operate a tiered membership structure for firms of different sizes; the Initiative seeks diversity of membership and encourages participation from all types of law firms, General Counsels and in-house legal teams. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Find out more about the companies that are already enjoying the benefits of partnership with the Manchester Law and Technology Initiative.
Membership subscription request
Contact us for more information about the initiative and for membership subscription details.