The University is not only laying new ground by working with business partners in this area but also through combining the research capabilities of its law, business and computer science schools for the first time.
There are five focal themes for the Initiative, these have been identified via half day workshops involving all members and academics from across the university, these are reviewed and updated annually:
- Future skills, skill mixes and the law curriculum
- Future industry structure and business models
- Rapid and effective adoption and diffusion of new technologies amongst law firms and their clients
- Developing, evaluating and integrating technologies and other initiatives to deliver end to end innovation
- Learning from other sectors
The University runs a workshop series for members each with invited academic speakers to allow members to learn from previously published research findings on these thematic areas and discuss how past knowledge can be applied in the legal services sector.